NXT STEP PERFORMANCE recommends that an exhaust shop or professional after-market parts installer, who has all the necessary equipment, tools and experienced personnel needed for proper installation should perform the installation of this system.
Never work on a hot exhaust system. Serious injury in the form of burns can result if the vehicle has been in use and the exhaust system is hot, allow vehicle to cool for at least 1 hour. Always wear eye protection when working under any vehicle.
It is our recommendation that you use a hoist or hydraulic lift to facilitate the installation of your new NXT STEP PERFORMANCE exhaust system taking all under car safety precautions. Once this has been done, you may begin the removal of your old exhaust system from your vehicle.
By installing your NXT STEP PERFORMANCE exhaust system, you indicate that you have read this document and you agree with the terms. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to follow all installation instruction guidelines and safety procedures supplied with your NXT STEP PERFORMANCE exhaust system. NXT STEP PERFORMANCE assumes no responsibility for damages occurring from misuse, abuse, improper installation, improper operation, lack of responsible care, or all previously stated reasons resulting from incompatibility with other manufacturer’s products and/or systems. If you should have any questions regarding our warranty policy, installation, or any other matter pertaining to your new NXT STEP PERFORMANCE exhaust system, contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone (310) 631-8100.
Warning: Use extreme caution during installation. Torque all fasteners according to manufacturer’s torque values and tightening sequence. DO NOT use air impact tools to tighten fasteners on NXT STEP PERFORMANCE exhaust systems. Use of such tools may result in bent flanges or gasket contact areas leading to exhaust leaks.
- Place removed OE exhaust system on the ground and using this as a reference, arrange components of new exhaust.
- Using the factory band clamps (removed from the front pipes), place this clamp over the expanded end of the R/H Front Pipe and fit on right-side cat-pipe. Repeat for L/H Front Pipe.
- Place a clamp over each end of X-Pipe Assembly and fit into R/H Front Pipe. Do Not tighten the clamps. Repeat for L/H Front Pipe. Verify orientation of X-Pipe Assembly with curvature of the original system.
- Place a clamp over the expanded end of R/H Intermediate Pipe Assembly and set it into position making sure to install the hangers into the rubber isolators. Do Not tighten the clamp. Repeat for L/H Intermediate Pipe Assembly.
- Install OE cross-brace support using original hardware.
- Assemble R/H Rear Muffler Assembly making sure to install the hangars into the rubber isolators and at mufflers. Repeat for the L/H Rear Muffler Assembly. Check your exhaust system for proper clearance under the vehicle and also for tip alignment.
- Once position has been determined to be correct, tighten the clamp to 32-35 ft. lbs. making sure the clamps openings are not over any of the notches in the pipes.
- Before starting your vehicle, make sure to check all wires, hoses, brake lines, body parts and tires for safe clearance from the exhaust system.
- Start vehicle and check for any leaks. If any leaks are found, determine cause (such as loose hardware or incorrectly positioned clamp) and repair as necessary.