DISCLAIMER – RACE SERIES EXHAUST ARE FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY
NXT STEP PERFORMANCE, INC. exhaust systems products are sold for off-road use only. All performance modifications and installations are at the customers own risk. NXT STEP PERFORMANCE, INC. hold no responsibility either implied or otherwise for mechanical, electrical or other failure when using any aftermarket performance products. Items sold for off-road use only are illegal in many states and provinces and are intended for racing vehicles which may never be used on a public road. By purchasing any aftermarket performance product, the customer takes full responsibility for any use, and/or misuse of the product and agrees that NXT STEP PERFORMANCE, INC. no responsibility for any consequences, legal, or other, of such use and/or misuse.
2005 – 2010 FORD MUSTANG GT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
NXT STEP PERFORMANCE recommends that an exhaust shop or professional after-market parts installer, who has all the necessary equipment, tools and experienced personnel needed for proper installation should perform the installation of this system.
Never work on a hot exhaust system. Serious injury in the form of burns can result if the vehicle has been in use and the exhaust system is hot, allow vehicle to cool for at least 1 hour. Always wear eye protection when working under any vehicle.
It is our recommendation that you use a hoist or hydraulic lift to facilitate the installation of your new NXT STEP PERFORMANCE exhaust system taking all under car safety precautions. Once this has been done, you may begin the removal of your old exhaust system from your vehicle.
By installing your NXT STEP PERFORMANCE exhaust system, you indicate that you have read this document and you agree with the terms. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to follow all installation instruction guidelines and safety procedures supplied with your NXT STEP PERFORMANCE exhaust system. NXT STEP PERFORMANCE assumes no responsibility for damages occurring from misuse, abuse, improper installation, improper operation, lack of responsible care, or all previously stated reasons resulting from incompatibility with other manufacturer’s products and/or systems. If you should have any questions regarding our warranty policy, installation, or any other matter pertaining to your new NXT STEP PERFORMANCE exhaust system, contact us via email email@example.com or via telephone (310) 631-8100.
Warning: Use extreme caution during installation. Torque all fasteners according to manufacturer’s torque values and tightening sequence. DO NOT use air impact tools to tighten fasteners on NXT STEP PERFORMANCE exhaust systems. Use of such tools may result in bent flanges or gasket contact areas leading to exhaust leaks
- Remove the hanger bracket assemblies from the original left muffler assembly and install them onto your new left muffler assembly.
- Place a clamp over the expanded end of the left muffler assembly and using a muffler stand or an additional person to hold it up in place, set it into position and using the original hardware, secure the hanger bracket assemblies to the vehicle. Do Not tighten clamp.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the installation of the right side muffler assembly.
- Check your exhaust system for proper clearance under the vehicle and also for tip alignment. Once position has been determined to be correct, tighten the clamps to 32- 35 ft. lbs.
- Before starting your vehicle, make sure to check all wires, hoses, brake lines, body parts and tires for safe clearance from the exhaust system.
- Start vehicle and check for any leaks. If any leaks are found, determine cause (such as loose or incorrectly positioned clamp) and repair as necessary (When you first start your vehicle after the installation of your new NXT STEP PERFORMANCE exhaust system, there may be some smoke and fumes coming from the system. This is a protective oil based coating used in the manufacturing of mandrel bent performance exhaust tubing. This is not a problem and will disappear within a very short period of time after the exhaust has reached normal operating temperatures).